When you are running a business and looking to take your marketing to the next level there is a learning curve and it is extremely beneficial to gain a better understanding of what it takes to get results.
This is mostly the case with digital marketing methods such as content marketing, search engine optimisation, social media marketing and generally having a solid grasp of how to manage, maintain and update your WordPress website and contents.
There's more to it than just having a website, you need to be able to drive it in the right direction.
We have recognized this need and spent time researching, producing and sharing the best learning tools on the market to aid our customers in their personal development.
Here are some of the essential guides you might need.
- Choosing & buying a web domain
- Guide to web hosting
- Why You Should Switch Web Hosts
- How to Change Web Hosting Provider
- Recommended Pages for your Website
- How to Backup and Restore a WordPress Site
- Recommended WordPress Plugins
- WordPress SEO Tips
- How to Optimize Images for Speed & Search Engines
- Blog Post Checklist: 21 Essential Things to Do
- Formatting Blog Posts and Basic HTML
- Ultimate List of Blog Post Ideas
- WordPress Security Guide
- WordPress Help & Support
- How To Create Featured Images For Your Blog Using Canva
- How To Increase Domain Authority Of Your Website
- How to Create a Website Project Plan for Your New Website
- How to Get Unbiased Local SEO Rankings & Data
- The Best SEO Blogs to Learn Search Engine Optimization
- Best Websites for Online Learning
- Signing up for Google Analytics
- Signing up for Google Search Console
- Signing up for Google ReCaptcha
- Managing your WordPress Website
- SEO Course
Here is a list of essential tools I recommend for anyone running a website.
- Clipboard Manager - Ditto (for Windows users) Copyclip (for Mac users). This allows you to store hundreds or thousands of items on your clipboard manager for searching and pasting later.
- Loom - A tool for recording your screen. Download the app or install the Chrome extension. Free to make videos up to 5 minutes.
- ThreadIt - An alternative to Loom without any limits on how long you can record for, owned by Google.
- Windows Image Resizer - Essential for reducing the size of your images before uploading them to your website.
- Image Converter (Windows users) - Essential for converting different image formats to jpeg before uploading to your website.
- Bulk Filename Renamer - Bulk Rename Utility (Windows users) - This allows you to rename file names for images in bulk and allows you to automatically make them all lowercase, replace underscores and spaces with hyphens and more.
- Stock images - Pexels - A free website for getting stock photography you can use on your website.
- Graphic editor - Canva - If you need a simple web-based graphic editor for social media images and blog post thumbnails.
- Spelling & Grammar Checker - Grammarly is the best tool for making sure your website and blog content is free of spelling and grammatical errors.
I also offer 1-on-1 training via Zoom calls with screen sharing which you can record or by sending screen recordings with Loom that you can save and host in the cloud so you can share with other people in your business.
If you are interested in WordPress or SEO training for you or your staff then feel free to get in touch.
My Blog - Mazepress
My blog Mazepress is a separate website with lots of useful resources for website owners and people looking to improve their skills.
Head over to Mazepress.
Soon I will be launching a few of my own video courses to work help you learn how to better manage your WordPress website and use SEO to increase your traffic, rankings and most importantly, revenue!
YouTube is a fantastic resource for learning pretty much anything and a great source of video tutorials with screen-recording of different software tools and web ware such as WordPress.
In fact, there is a video on pretty much everything you can do with WordPress.
Here are some YouTube channels we rate very highly and advise our clients to subscribe to and search when they are struggling to find an answer.
Join our Newsletter
Another way to learn is to stay connected to Pixelloop news via our email newsletter.
You can sign up by clicking here.